- Grading of the park’s natural areas including the ravine and daylighted channel is now complete. Installation of site irrigation is now underway. Final landscaping of these areas will occur later this spring and summer.
- Power line undergrounding was completed this week, as was installation of new street lights along Lake Washington Boulevard. In the next few weeks the old power poles will be removed, followed by construction of a sidewalk along the south side of LWB. Intermittent lane closures along Lake Washington Boulevard between the bridge and 99th Avenue Northeast will continue through the first quarter of 2018.
- Utility improvements continue along 99th Avenue Northeast from Lake Washington Boulevard to the entrance of the Marina.
- Work on the interior of the beach house is underway. The pedestrian ramp to the beach at the west street-end of 99th Avenue is being built. This area will also provide access to the launch site for non-motorized personal watercraft such as canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards.
- Floating pier sections are expected to be barged in and attached to the pier pilings in April.
- Interior renovation of the historic Whaling building, located at the Marina’s entrance off of 99th Avenue has been rescheduled to begin after Labor Day. Improvements will include a small meeting room, restroom upgrades, and the addition of space for small non-motorized boat rentals.
Please feel free to contact Scott (425-452-4169 email@example.com) with questions or concerns.
As you know, the MBNA runs on donations. We are a 501c3 corporation, and your donations are tax deductible. Donations can be made using Paypal or mail check to:
227 Bellevue Way NE, PMB 278
Bellevue WA 98004