- Beginning May 20, Cascade Global Security will provide on-site overnight security from 10:50pm-4:00am nightly through Labor Day. One security guard will be at Meydenbauer most of this time (they will also cover Downtown Park at least once/night). They are responsible to clear the park after closing hours and to clear any disturbance or nefarious activity. They will be uniformed and with a marked vehicle but unarmed and instructed to call 911 if problems escalate. After the summer season, we will evaluate ongoing security needs for the remainder of the year and into the future.
- From May 25 to September 2, Park Rangers will be on duty throughout the park system daily from 9am-1am. Due to limited staffing, Rangers anticipate visiting Meydenbauer 2-3 times daily. Rangers have no set visitation times as they respond to citizen calls and emergencies on an as-needed basis throughout the system.
- Lifeguards will be on duty June 22-September 2, from noon-7pm. While their primary duty is to safeguard the beach area, they may also provide rule enforcement within the park and will call 911 in case of emergencies.
- The on-site caretaker, Jon Abood, provides 24/7 security for the Marina. While John’s main duty remains the Marina, he represents an additional on-site presence to supplement the other security measures.
- Bellevue Police have been alerted to the presence of this new park, and will be providing emphasis patrol as calls permit.
Bellevue has urged park visitors and neighbors to call 911 to report any annoying or suspicious behavior in order for the City to build a record of security concerns.
As you know, the MBNA runs on donations. We are a 501c3 corporation, and your donations are tax deductible. Donations can be made using Paypal or mail check to:
1100 Bellevue Way NE, Ste 8A
Bellevue, WA 98004